Some of the Randomdata people have the idea to start selfsupporting power for Randomdata. RDSSPS means: RandomData Self Supporting Power System.
The basic steps in the process (for now) are:
- experiment with solar power
- Order some solard cells (done)
- Order a charger (done)
- Get a battery for testing (done, 7ah 12v)
- experiment with wind power
- Get a wind turbine (arrived)
- Build the wind turbine (60%)
- Connect the wind turbine to the battery system
- Create usage systems
- LED Light for the bench (LED's are inhouse)
- Inverter for 220 usage (inverter is inhouse)
- Hook it up to the space Arduino
After this testing face we probably learned a lot, next step: build a production system
By using the kit of Windstufnow.com (http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/3phase_turbine_kit.htm) we started to play with wind energy.
Currently we are building the turbine, the it looks promising.
- Wind turbine kit: http://www.windstuffnow.com/main/3phase_turbine_kit.htm
- The solar cell's, 5v 1,3W : http://ledsee.com/index.php/new-products/1-x-13w-5v-solar-cell-detail
- Battery charger: http://www.steca.com/index.php?Steca_Solsum_F_en