RandomData Drone (RaDD)
RandomData is going to build a drone, for ethical use off course. Just to discover the possibilities of a Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) and to get some knowledge on this subject.
We held a brainstorm session for our own space drone. The RandomData Drone (Radd). We first made a list about the possibilities what we could do with the RaDD.
- Automatic burgular system, hovers around your home when home alarm is activated, and take's pictures of suspicious cars and people.
- Wifi deploy, a mobile Wifi AP.
- Warflying, some Wifi harvesting.
- Cloudpoint images, make a 3D image of the city.
- Operation doorbell, 433 MHz hacking drone.
- T.V.DroneGone, a universal flying t.v. switch off.
The decision is made to make a multicopter platform. By building the platform with the modularity in mind, it will be possible to easily change payloads. Therefor it can be used in different projects. Ardillo makes a list with the possible parts. This list is just a guideline to get a grip on the expense.
The parts are selected from www.hobbyking.com, with the price in mind. As warehouse it is possible to select the dutch warehouse, but they are a bit more expensive. So therefor we used the global warehouse for making the list below.
|1||Q450 frame - integr. PCB||Q450_Glass_Fiber_Quad||$11.98||$11.98|
|4||1275kv Turnigy motors||Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_2822_1275_Brushless_Outrunner_with_Short_Shaft||$15.60||$62.40|
|4||40A ESC HobbyKing||HobbyKing_40A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller||$18.33||$73.32|
|1 set||10x4.5 props||10x4_5_SF_Props_2pc_Standard_Rotation_2_pc_RH_Rotation||$3.14||$3.14|
more to come...