From Randomdata wiki
What is it? It's a RFID reader, we bought it somewhere on ebay and now we want to reverse is and see if we can do something with it.
- Works on 12 volt
- On boot "beeps"
- Reads RFID Mifair classic out of the box, no idea what and how
- Has on the back: power, RJ45 port (9volt?), "kinda" PS/2 port
- On PCB there are some connectors
- Did found a comport chip and 2 Philips chips.
- Find the comport and see what it does
- The Ethernet connector seems to be an kind of serial connection, the 1st pin is the GND en the 8th pin is somekind of data line
- The data captured looks a lot like the usage of the ISO/IEC 7813, which is used for standarisation on magnetic stripe cards i.e. creditcards.
Settings: - 50M samples - 24 Mhz freq. - 8 bits - 1 stopbit - no parity - inverted - 19200 baud
- A second......