What is it? It's a RFID reader, we bought it somewhere on ebay and now we want to reverse is and see if we can do something with it.
- Works on 12 volt
- On boot "beeps"
- Reads RFID Mifair classic out of the box, no idea what and how
- Has on the back: power, RJ45 port (9volt?), "kinda" PS/2 port
- On PCB there are some connectors
- Did found a comport chip and 2 Philips chips.
- Does not read Mifare OV Chip kaart or other tags...? --> Probably mifare ultralight only, classic (Chipkaart) and passport no worky
- Find the comport and see what it does
- See if we can send back some information
- Find out how to program it using the ps/2 SMARTCABLE port and probably brick it
- Throw it out of the window because of rage
- Obviously not a network connection ;-)
- The Ethernet connector seems to be an kind of serial connection, the 1st pin is the GND en the 8th pin is somekind of data line
- The data captured looks a lot like the usage of the ISO/IEC 7813, which is used for standarisation on magnetic stripe cards i.e. creditcards.
- Brown= gnd
- blue/white= -8.8v
- green/white= 9.3v
- orange/white= -8.8v (data)
- other= no shiz!
- Settings Logic analyzer:
- 50M samples
- 24 Mhz freq.
- 8 bits
- 1 stopbit
- no parity
- LSB send first
- no special mode
- 19200 baud
- minicom sees this:
Welcome to minicom 2.5
OPTIONS: I18n Compiled on May 2 2011, 10:05:24. Port /dev/ttyUSB0
Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys
"Start / Bank account / Name / Data / Code+Date / End"?
- A bit of a bitch, no idea what it is.
- "Smartcable" according to the whitepaper, probably for programming/configuring.